Presentation Title: ‘The Rise of The Chatbots’
Ahead of the British Legal Technology Forum 2018, listen to an exclusive interview with LawDroid Founder Tom Martin where he discusses:
- How Larissa came to fruition
- The untapped areas in Machine Learning & AI and is its full potential and capacity still unknown, Tom gives his views on where he sees this going
- How chatbot technology will progress over the next few years and why this is important for access to justice
- Barriers that the community are still facing when it comes to chatbot technologies
- What Tom is most looking forward to at the British Legal Technology Forum event
Tom Martin – CEO and Founder, LawDroid
Tom Martin is the CEO and Founder of LawDroid, a chatbot development and consulting company to the legal industry. He’s been hired to create bots for lawyers and law firms to automate law practices and improve profitability.
In November 2016, Tom developed LawDroid, an AI driven legal chatbot to assist entrepreneurs in incorporating their business.
In November 2017, Tom developed Larissa, an AI supported voice bot to provide essential legal advice and information about divorce.
Tom is a speaker and author on AI and bots in the legal industry. Tom has been a speaker at Clio Cloud Conference, LegalWeek, CodeX Stanford, Evolve Law and Thomson Reuter’s Emerging Legal Technology Roadshow.
LawDroid has been recognized for innovation by and received support from Facebook’s FbStart program, MaRS Venture Start program, and VentureLabs startup accelerator.
A graduate of Yale University and UCLA School of Law, Tom is a 2017 Fastcase 50 honoree. Tom is also co-founder of Vancouver Legal Hackers, advisor to ATJ Tech Fellow Program, member of ARAG Technology Innovation Committee, and Chair of Education for Group Legal Services Association.
Born and raised in Los Angeles, California, Tom now lives in Vancouver, Canada with his wife and two daughters.