During this exclusive Podcast, Netlaw Media is delighted to present ‘London Law Expo 2018’ Keynote speaker Baroness Martha Lane Fox CBE – Founder and Executive Chair, Doteveryone.org.uk.
In an exclusive interview ahead of her key Keynote presentation on ‘Views from a dot.com Dinosaur‘, Baroness Martha Lane Fox discusses
- With expansive experience in the technology world from the lastminute.com boom, what key drivers led to you founding Doteveryone.org.uk?
- As technology is now becoming central to every business, what do you perceive as the key components that the legal and even general business community need to consider, in order to succeed in the future?
- The Legal sector is now in a time of great disruption what advice would you give to encourage a spirit of entrepreneurial-ism and innovation?
- Diversity in the workforce continues to challenge many organisations across all sectors especially in Legal Tech and Technology in general. What is your opinion on this and through your involvement in many initiatives, have you come across any success stories that look to combat this issue?
- What should we expect from your keynote discussion at The London Law Expo 2018?
Baroness Martha Lane Fox CBE – Founder and Executive Chair, Doteveryone.org.uk
Martha is founder and executive chair of Doteveryone.org.uk, a charity fighting for a fairer internet
Martha became a crossbench peer in the UK House of Lords in March 2013
In 2017 she was appointed a member of the Joint Committee on National Security Strategy
In March 2014 she was appointed Chancellor of the Open University
From 2009 to 2013 Martha was Digital Champion for the UK and helped to create the Government Digital Service – this team launched gov.uk transforming government service delivery
Martha co- founded and chairs LuckyVoice, revolutionising the karaoke industry
She is a non executive director of Twitter, the Baileys Women’s Prize for Fiction and the Scale Up Institute
Martha is a Patron of AbilityNet, Reprieve, Camfed and Just for Kids Law
In 2013 Martha was awarded a CBE
In 1998. Martha co-founded Europe’s largest travel and leisure website, lastminute.com with Brent Hoberman. They took it public in 2000 and sold it in 2005.
Roger Kennedy, Professional Radio Presenter and Journalist
Roger Kennedy is a professional Radio Presenter and Journalist with over 25 years experience working full-time for top UK radio stations.
Over the years Roger has presented live and recorded programmes on a wide range of specialist topics, including Motoring, Business, Personal Finance, Consumer Electronics, Holidays, Legal Issues, Medical, and many more. He has also been Head of Programming, Features Producer and Programme Controller at several different radio stations.
For 4 years Roger presented Decision makers, a weekly Business and Finance programme, covering all subjects to do with personal finance and running a business. Roger would get advice on the programme from top Bankers, Solicitors, Entrepreneurs and Politicians. Guests included such names as Alan Sugar, Richard Branson, William Hague and Tony Blair.