We regulate barristers called to the Bar in England and Wales in the public interest.
We are responsible for:
- Setting the education and training requirements for becoming a barrister;
- Setting continuing training requirements to ensure that barristers’ skills are maintained throughout their careers;
- Setting standards of conduct for barristers;
- Monitoring the service provided by barristers to assure quality;
- Handling complaints against barristers and taking disciplinary or other action where appropriate.