The London Law Expo 2019 is now completely sold out of delegate passes for the fifth year running and adds to Netlaw Media’s flawless record of 23 consecutive sell-out events. An estimated 1,500 senior decision makers from across the legal sector are expected to attend this year’s LLE, which takes place at the Old Billingsgate in …
- Continental has acquired a minority stake in Israeli start-up Cartica AI, a software company in the field of artificial intelligence
- Cartica AI develops algorithms to accelerate machine learning
- In addition to its own research and scientific partnerships, the participation forms the third pillar of Continental’s activitie
Slater and Gordon UK today reports its first year of profitability after a successful period of stabilisation, restructuring and strategic investment.
The business, under the leadership of Chief Executive Officer David Whitmore, generated revenues of £222.7m and achieved an adjusted EBITDA of £1m in 2018, its first year of in…
The Bar Standards Board (BSB) has today published its latest annual report summarising its achievements during the 2018-19 business year.
Highlights of the regulator’s work during the final year of its three-year Strategic Plan for 2016-19 included:
- finalising the new Bar Qualification Rules which went live on 1 April 201
- Functioning legal knowledge performs well
- Early stage skills assessment requires change
- Independent reviewer says pilot “successfully achieved its purpose”
A pilot to test the first part of the Solicitors Qualifying Examination – known as SQE1 – has shown that it is on course to be a valid, rigorous ass…
This is the first year the programme was introduced. It may be a little contribution from those of us participating (both law firms and tech vendors), but the little difference we make could potentially have a huge impact in the way these girls view technology as a career. July-August is always the busiest work placement period for mos…
A solicitor from national law firm Weightmans’ family team has been recognised by the UK’s leading family law organisation Resolution.
Eleanor Webster, known as Ellie, is now an accredited specialist in complex financial remedy proceedings and private children law proceedings. She joins other experts in Weightmans…